Confession: I must admit that I have been so caught up in trying to follow the volatile presidential race that I have completely forgotten about all of the other issues facing my own state of Zion. I looked at a sample ballot today and was astounded at all of the issues and races that I don't know about! I didn't even know that Guv Huntsman, Jr. was up for re-election. So, if you're like me, you've probably decided on which ticket you're choosing- McCain/Maverick or Obama/Biden. Now it's time to turn our attention to our local governments.
For the state of Utah there are some important issues and propositions going down, so check it out. THIS WEBSITE helped me to find my new voting location as well as look at a sample ballot. Just enter your info and you're set. The sample ballot has links that tell you about the different propositions as well as the different candidates for Salt Lake County mayor, judges up for re-election, and people running for the board of education.
Also, check out your voting precinct to see if they have the option of early voting... beat the rush!
Hope it helps... let my mess be my message, right?
For the state of Utah there are some important issues and propositions going down, so check it out. THIS WEBSITE helped me to find my new voting location as well as look at a sample ballot. Just enter your info and you're set. The sample ballot has links that tell you about the different propositions as well as the different candidates for Salt Lake County mayor, judges up for re-election, and people running for the board of education.
Also, check out your voting precinct to see if they have the option of early voting... beat the rush!
Hope it helps... let my mess be my message, right?
4 comments:
I am bound and determined to vote early. Who wants to wait in line on November 4th to make small talk to complete strangers what have differing opinions and desire to tell you why YOUR thoughts are wrong? NOT ME!
I'm so glad I have you to keep me up on all of this! I completely forgot to pay attention to local stuff...
Hey, I gave you an award over at my Nana's Box. Come by and check it out!
Dude, that site rocks. Gracias!
Post a Comment