Friday, October 31, 2008

Bananas and Berry Shakes

As a connoisseur of milkshake making I learned early that if you add a little bit of banana to any fruity flavor it makes the berry taste that much more delightful. Just a hint of banana makes the raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries taste more fresh in the ice cream.

So here's an analogy they should have on the GRE-

BANANAS: BERRY SHAKES ; MUSIC: LIFE

Music is the banana to the berry shake of life. It is the soundtrack of our emotions- happy, sad, and all in between. Music can change our moods dramatically and instantly. It takes the experience of humanity and makes it that much better by making our experiences more vivid, more tangible. The only thing better than a great song on the radio or ear-buds is live music. I love listening and watching artists perform their songs live. I love to hear the stories behind the lyrics and to see how engaged they are in their songs while they sing.

Such was the case Wednesday night at In The Venue as I listened to Joshua Radin and Missy Higgins. I love both of these artists, but Missy's songs especially toca el corazon. Here's a clip that my friend Asholina posted; she filmed this at the concert Wednesday night. Oh Missy, you rock socks.

3 comments:

Amanda Petersen said...

AAAAHHH!!! So… Oreo-banana milkshakes at the depot? Seriously? Highlight of freshman year. I tried to order one the other day at a shake shop- disgusting. It was wretched! Not to mention, I think they guy behind the counter was judging me. Jerk. Want to come over and we’ll make ‘em for old times sake? Wow, no wonder I gained 15 pounds when I went to college- hello happy dieting!! Still, they were worth the pounds.

Lindsay Jane said...

I totally agree with you about the music thing and I am glad the show was good. I'm seeing it this weekend!

Hilary said...

OH my how I wish I had been there. You+missy=PARADISE!