My oh my, what a weekend! Friday night I drove to Southeastern Utah with my Padre to participate in my first 10K. Anytime the race is called "Little Mammoth Marathons" you know you're in for a good time... The race itself was beautiful and all things considered I think I did great! (Translation: I didn't die! In fact, I improved my race time by 1:50 min/mile) It was really fun to run with my dad and he definitely kept me going... even after almost killing me by amping up the last mile to a doubled pace... sheesh! Other weekend highlights included the hike to Rochester panel featuring some amazing petroglyphs and the ever so fantastic Little Wild Horse Canyon hike. The last hike mentioned absolutely BLEW MY MIND! It was so beautiful and such a fun hike, I give it 10/10 and recommend to all. As my father has been travelling the seven seas lately it was also nice to just to hang out with him a bit. Been about a year since I've spent more than a few hours with him. Good to have you back, Pa, however tempory.
All in all a great weekend of camping, guitar, good tunes on the iPod, great food on the camp stove, beautiful scenery, enjoyable company and another checkmark on the ole "to do" list. 10K? Been there; done that.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow.. those pictures are awesome! Where did you go? Once I get this kid out of me, I will have to check it out. :) Oh and good job on finishing the 10K. You truly inspire me. You are amazing!
seriously? you're my hero. i ran... um... like 53 seconds this afternoon and i survived... that's pretty cool.
I love that hike! Good job on the run! You rock!!
Sweet time! I was lucky enough to survive a 5k once..... not as masculine as you to run a 10k, good one! =)
Kathy! Thanks for the comment, it's great to find you and catch up on your life a little! Rad that you ran a 10K, holy cow...I'd die two steps away from the START line! Good to hear from you!
awesome! If I wasn't so consumed with Bentley all of the time, i would totally want to go running with you! maybe next year we can shoot for the st. george marathon, haha!
Post a Comment