Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm like the freaking Energizer Bunny of undergrads...

Just found out that I won't be graduating in December. In fact if I can't get into a certain class this semester, I won't be graduating until NEXT fall. 2009. That means it will have been 7 years from my H.S. diploma to my B.A. No, that's not a typo: SEVEN! Please people: light candles, face the east, fast, pray, chant, dance on tables with magic beads. Do what you have to do for me in this, my time of need- I NEED TO GRADUATE! My feelings are best described from our dear friends on Tommy Boy:

Tommy: Did you hear I graduated?
Richard: Yeah and just a shade under a decade. All right.
Tommy: A lot of people go to college for seven years.
Richard: Yeah, they're called doctors.


... SHUT UP, Richard!!

7 comments:

AngiDe said...

Oh man, Seven huh? I'll definitely do some prayin for ya.... Scott goes to a catholic school, I'm sure I can find something there to cross myself in front of and same some words on your behalf. Good luck!

:: ashley :: said...

man alive, I actually think your boat has a few more passengers than you think. I can name quite a few people who have been going to college for a long time with no degree to show, or- even worse- a degree in theater or something, which can get you the same job as if you'd never gone at all ;) it will all be worth it in the end! you go girl!

Shirley said...

I can understand your feelings. Just know you've at least been working towards something and that your experiences have meant something. I graduated in 6 years, taking no time off. BUT I did learn a lot about music and it has enriched my life. My experience at SUU also taught me a few things. Just keep your head up! I will be praying for you as well! Also just to let you know, Jared will hopefully graduate by April (more likely August) one month before he turns 30. Weird huh? Be glad you're not him haha.

Katie said...

Hey Kathy, it took me six years to graduate, plus the mission.
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
And I'm still normal
So in conclusion, happy birthday!

Lindsay said...

bummer! hang in there.

Lindsay said...

p.s. seven is supposedly a lucky number.

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

You could just call yourself a doctor :) It's ok though, I know people who have taken much much longer to finish their Bachelors degrees. Any updates yet?!