Every week I teach an orientation class for our new hires here at the funny farm. Every orientation begins with introductions. You know the kind: "Hi my name is (what?), my name is (who?), my name is (slicka slim shady)." Part of the drill is that everyone must say something unique about themselves. This is always a bit awkward for our new hires, the majority of whom are 16-18 years old and a bit too self-aware. I watch a new group every week as they struggle to find a unique thing that is A) cool enough to share, B) something that will get their peer's approval, and C) true. They do pretty well with it. For over a year and a half I've mentioned the same old things as the unique things: scars, broken bones, etc. My current challenge is that I'm bored in orientation. From now on I'm going to name a different unique thing every week, come hell or high water. ( I prefer high water). And guess what my blogging comrades? I shall post it right here! I figure it will add a fun side to the blog while also keeping out of comatose stages at work. Stay tuned for weekly snippets and tid-bits to the weird things that are the total sum of... ME.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment